Ruby/Pcap extension library
Ruby interface to LBL Packet
Capture library. This library also includes classes to access
packet header fields.
It is much easier to code in Ruby/Pcap than to code in C and
use libpcap directly. For example, tcpdump-like (very simple)
script is written as this.
Ruby/Pcap needs libpcap. Latest libpcap
distribution is here.
(Original LBL version is here)
Ruby/Pcap will run in any environment in which both
ruby and libpcap are supported.
Debian package by akira yamada,
a member of
Ports by knu.
- Major Changes:
- Changes from 0.5 to 0.6:
- Filter usability improved when linked with libpcap-0.5.
- Filter logical operation implemented.
- Pcaplet can read .gz file
- Miscellaneous improvements.
- Changes from 0.4 to 0.5:
- Filter class added.
- Bug fixes.
- Changes from 0.3.1 to 0.4:
- Support ICMP.
- Some classes are renamed. (IpPacket => IPPacket etc.)
Former names remain intact for backward compatibility.
- Bug fixes, manual updates.
- Changes from 0.3 to 0.3.1:
Capture#loop is now thread-friendly.
- Changes from 0.2 to 0.3:
- Changes from 0.1.1 to 0.2: